Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Chocolate Date Almond Balls



Over the holiday season, I spent many an hour in the kitchen baking cookies, pie, truffles, and all other kinds of decadent delights.

My jeans feel a bit more snug these days.

I knew I had to make a change. But, I had already accustomed myself to eating delicious chocolate truffles everyday and mounds of peanut butter fudge.

In a way to curb my cravings for chocolate, I came across a recipe that looked like it couldn't possibly work. I mean..dates? Almonds? Cocoa Powder? Tasting like a truffle?! I had to see if the rumors are true.

And they are..they are.

Make these. Now. You are five minutes away from chocolaty heaven.

Chocolate Date Almond Balls



Ingredients: 
1/2 C. Dates (I used a combination of medjool and California)
1/2 C. Raw Almonds (Or walnuts)
2 1/2 Tbs. Cocoa powder
Drizzle of Agave or Honey

Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor and give it a whirl! That's it! The mixture should come together in a ball..should it not, add a few more dates and some more agave or honey. Roll into balls and store in the refrigerator. 

No comments:

Post a Comment